When David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., discovered he had a brain tumor, he was forced to reevaluate conventional cancer-beating methods and dig deep for something new and promising. In addition, Schreiber took a deeper look into what factors cause cancer, and how it can be prevented.
Schreiber notes that all of us have cancer cells within us, and it is our own protective systems, like our immune system, that keep two thirds of the population cancer-free. For the other one-third of the population that will most likely get cancer, however, Schreiber writes that we must protect our immune systems in order to make it harder for those cancer cells to take over the body. Some of these prevention techniques include lifestyle changes such as more exercise and stress-reducing activities such as breathing exercises. At Home Care Assistance of Columbus, we work with our clients to make good lifestyle choices, as explained in our revolutionary Balanced Care Method training program.
In addition, Schreiber found several behaviors that could help fight cancer that one might not have guessed could prove to battle this disease:
- Avoid refined sugar
- Make your diet 80% vegetables and 20% animal protein
- Skip potatoes, whis affect blood sugar and feed inflammation
- Eat fish 2 or 3 times a week
- Use only olive or canola oil
- Expose yourself to sunshine
- Add spicy foods to your diet
- Exercise regularly Practice yoga and mindful meditation
- Avoid household toxins like Teflon … and more
Though Schreiber has been living with cancer for 16 years, he finds himself to be a much happier and healthier person after his lifestyle change. Immunity power!