Blogger Frank Kaiser has come to realize that with aging comes the ability to appreciate people for their intrinsic value, not just their external attributes. In his recent column In Praise of Older Women, Kaiser discusses how he has grown significantly from his attitudes as a younger man who would only pay attention to adolescent girls.
“When I was 20, I had eyes only for girls my age. Any woman over 30 was ancient, over 40 invisible,” he said. “Now in my 70s, I still appreciate the 20-year-old for her youthful looks and (occasional) sweet innocence,” but now values women of every age.
Home Care Assistance Columbus has highlighted some of Kaiser’s reasons for adoring mature women:
- An older woman knows how to smile with such brightness and truth, old men stagger.
- An older woman has been around long enough to know who she is, what she wants and from whom. By the age of 50, few women are wishy-washy. About anything. Thank God!
- And yes, once you get past a wrinkle or two, an older woman is far sexier than her younger counterpart!
- Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off that you are a jerk if you’re acting like one. A young woman will say nothing, fearing that you might think worse of her. An older woman doesn’t give a damn.
- Older women are sublime. They seldom contemplate having a shouting match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive dinner. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.
- Most older women cook well. They care about cleanliness. They’re generous with praise, often undeserved.
- Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to an older woman. Like your mother, they always know.
Let’s sing the praises of older women!